Jun 25, 2006

Work + Work + More Work = In Progress.

I finished Matilda! After four attempts and quite a few days, she is finally finished and now my sewing machine makes this sheepish noise “Baklunk, klunk, baklunk ... ahem, baklunk.” So the sewing has halted. I bought new needles and sewing machine oil and sewing machine lubricant in hopes that one of those things will help it to feel better. I am only showing a piece of her to you right now because I wanted to give you time to prepare. Especially, those of you who hurt themselves laughing and pointing after seeing my last post *ahem ... cough... ahem... Miss Solomon*! Tomorrow, I will post more.


In the meantime, I have hand drawn 1200 stickers in the last two weeks. Not to mention all the mailing envelopes, little cards and sticker package labels. My hands hurt. Now I am drawing stickers for fun! You know what they say “No pain ... uh... no 1 inch round dots to adhere to stuff randomly.” I am spending a lot of time drawing and I am working on a birthday present for this girl I know.

I need to put together a post called 150 things to show you, because literally I have like 150 things to show you. The days have been a bit to dark for photography or I have not been feeling good or I have been busy or well any number of things. The biggest thing of all though is that it is taking me like 5 hours to post! I do not know if it is my Yahoo upload or Iweb or what, but seriously it is ridiculous! I want to re-design a bit, but it just takes so long that I am not sure if I should try building with another type of software. Anywhoo...

Thank you a million times for bearing with me. It really means the world. You are all so supportive and encouraging. It has always been my dream to be an artist, but I don’t even think that I can draw. It is a strange predicament to be in. For the first time in my life, with a lot more practice and all of the kind words that you have shared with me, I feel like it may be a dream come true!

*All of your sweet comments were saved to Haloscan at the time of original post*

No comments: