May 18, 2007

Oh Martha, You Naughty Girl!


 Well, of course, I have jumped on the Martha bandwagon. Wait till you see how crazy I went! We are watching Pan's Labyrinth and I have to hurry back, but I wanted to share this with you.

This is Martha's Photo Family Tree project re-done with a beach theme. I made it for my mother-in-law. It is not completely finished here, but I had to make preperations for wrapping and thought I better take a quick picture of it before I get too far along.

There were pluses and minuses with this project. Let's start with the pluses. It is quick and easy and even if it is not perfect I think it still comes out relatively pretty. The minuses make up a slightly longer list but it is still totally worth it. Here they are though.

1. The Martha label is glued on to the decorative frame so be very careful when removing it. Mine marred the decorative side pulling off some of the finish and I had to sand the whole thing to disguise the marks.

2. Martha tells you to use approximately 26 collectors pins for this project. However, only 6 are provided. They are WAY too long for the box though and if you cut them with wire cutters to a more appropriate length they snag the fabric on their way in.

3. Packaging is lovely but not terribly easy to open and maintain.

4. Martha does not specify which thickness of double sided adhesive foam dots to use.

This project is still an awful lot of fun and certainly worth working around the incredibly minute snafus (hmm have not ever written that word before). If you try this project and have any questions feel free to send me an e-mail.

Tomorrow, we are off for a day trip to B.C. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Hugs. xox=vv.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks lovely from this side of the screen - no snafus in sight! I, too, was a little perplexed about the "specimen pins" that came with the shadow box I ended up purchasing. They are too long to fit with the top closed. Thanks for the warning with cutting them, as I was about to do just that...

blair said...

It looks so lovely. I forgive Martha for so many things, she seems to more than make up for it. But you have to tell me where you found such a selection? I went to Michael's in Lynwood and they had only a small display that was picked over. I left completely deflated. xo

Kuky said...

Oooh I keep meaning to get down to Michaels but keep forgetting.

And we're watching Pan's Labyrinth right now! Well not right now this moment because I'm on the computer. Alan hasn't slept since yesterday so went to take a nap and I'm waiting for him to wake up so we can finish it.