May 5, 2006

Super Duper Scary.

This is the most frightening thing that I have ever done. That is saying a lot because not only have I para-sailed, but on that same trip I spent four days in a very very small cabin (which included only one window that would not open) with both my mother and my husband on a cruise ship and I am claustrophobic.

I am very reserved about putting anything I create on this website. I am very afraid that you will all laugh and laugh and laugh at me (not to mention all the pointing and staring). I am trying to be a bit braver, but there are so many incredibly talented people out there and that is overwhelming. A few days ago I decided that I was going to finally create the coloring story book that I had thought about so many times. It is 12 pages of hand drawn illustrations. I still need to add the text, but I am stepping back for a couple days. This book will be a child/parent participation book. There will be spaces to share your own thoughts with the monsters and a couple big words.

These may be up in the shop (not yet online) individually or in a pack that may include some or all of the following: a cloth monster bag, the coloring book, an activity book, crayons, a small pencil, stickers, labels and a monster membership card.

I am very frightened about revealing this to you, mostly because of the laughing and pointing, and really I would love to know what you think. Am I making a fool of myself?

Thanks for letting me share! Hope to catch up with blogs and comments and emails soon!

Update: This book is definitely for adults. I was simply afraid that you would wonder about a couple of the big words being appropriate for children too (like salutations). I am continuing work on these this week and I hope they will be out very soon! Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments!

*All of your sweet comments were saved to Haloscan at the time of original post*

No comments: