Dec 9, 2006

Thirteen Days.

Hello Lovelies. I know that there are more important things going on in our lives right now, but I thought I would share this with you anyway. Last Sunday, we excepted an offer on our home. The buyers have asked for a rush close, so in 13 days we may be moving to the city.

We are of course in the middle of escrow and hopefully everything will go smoothly. Currently, we have nowhere to go and home full of things we need to sell or otherwise get rid of.

If we get to the advanced stage of buying a new condo we are hoping for a 500 square feet studio downtown, which should be quite a change from our 2100 sqft home with a 500 sqft garage studio and 7400 sqft lot (most of which is backyard).

Hence, our moving cards (above) created by William Heath Robinson for his 1936 book How To Live In A Flat. "Washing Day" "The Garage" and "An Artistic Way of Hiding an Unsightly View" are my three favorites. Aren't they cute?

So, we will continue to be in a state of flux for a while. I am thinking of you all and miss you. I apologize for the delay in communications and please know that I am always extremely appreciative for all of your kind words, your sweet support and your overwhelming inspiration. Thank you a million times! Hugs! xox=vv.

10 comments:

Kuky said...

Wow! 13 days?! That is very very fast. Did they want to be in by Christmas?

Those cards are sooo cute! I can't decide which one I like best. Hmm...maybe washing day. Something homey and traditional about hanging your wash out to dry.

Best of luck with the moving out of your house and finding a new condo!

amy k. said...

good luck and these cards are amazing!

Geek+Nerd said...

Good luck with the move! I bought one of the Shy Monster books for my nephew for Christmas! I can't wait to see it - it's so cute, I might have to order one for myself, hehehe!

Dawn said...

i hope everything goes smoothly as possible for you! good luck with it all! i also hope it does not ruin your holiday. do you have special plans this year? thinking of you! xo.

lisa s said...

OMG... that is fast... should i wait to send you your holiday something something??
xo

camilla said...

Hello Christine, I hope every thing is working as it is supposed to :)
Thank you for the Christmas greeting (especially Morran says thank you :).

pam said...

wow! congratulations and good luck...13 days...sheesh. love the cards. happy holidays.

Charmaine said...

Best of luck with your move. That's so exciting!

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas, Friend! Hope you are getting settled in to your new place!

jenny vorwaller said...

you darling! have i told you how i love your postcard so? :)

hope you are well and things are too!

hug,
jenny